CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Aunt Mandy Came To Visit (Day 1)


Aunt Mandy made it to England at last. Our visit was cut short but we were so happy to have the time with her. It seemed as if she wasn't going to make it to England when Roger got sick but thanks to Mark and Mimi she was able to get away for a little while.
Jason left bright and early for the airport to pick Mandy up while Jasmine and I stayed behind and made breakfast. Jasmine was counting down the minutes for Mandy to walk through the door. We allowed Mandy a short nap. Which seemed like days to Jasmine. She must have asked us every ten minutes if it was time to wake Mandy up yet. For dinner we headed to the Cuckoo for a traditional Sunday roast.

It was all very yummy and Aunt Mandy got to try Yorkshire pudding, roast turkey, pig in a blanket (sausage wrapped in bacon) roast potatoes and parsnips and some veg.
And of course a pint or two ;)



We also got Mandy hooked on sticky toffee pudding. I've never eaten so much of the stuff since we've lived here. It is soooo yummy.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! And I really miss sticky toffee pudding. I waited over 2 years to have it -- as I thought it sounded gross -- but the week before we moved back to the U.S. I tried it and LOVED it!!! Miss you guys...